Are you a children’s author searching for ways to promote your book? We can bring our experience both in promoting children’s authors and in running successful book tours for adult genres, to give a real boost to your work. A book tour will enable you to garner a good collection of reviews in a short time, and to benefit from an intense burst of publicity for your book.
What Blackberry Book Tours offers authors
When we take on a book for a Tour, we aim to give authors the best Tour that there is on the market. We aim to secure reviewers who will really like your book, to ensure that they deliver a quality review, and to surround this with unrivalled social media publicity. We liaise closely with our reviewers and with our authors. We are passionate about the service we deliver.
- We like to keep things simple. We offer a 4 day, 12 stop Tour, which can be extended to 21 days if there is sufficient demand. We aim to fill the Tour with reviews. Author interviews and guest posts can be included if requested by the author. We work very hard to ensure that all the slots are filled by reviewers who will actually complete and publish their review. We usually succeed, but we cannot guarantee this.
- We charge authors $100 for our 4 day tour and $175 for a 7 day tour.
- We will publicize your work through many posts before and during the tour, including several posts of each positive review.
About our Reviewers
We have an excellent network of reviewers who enjoy reviewing children’s books. They include teachers, parents, grandparents and healthcare professionals.
They are genuine reviewers and we cannot guarantee that they will like your book. Negative reviews are rare, and often reviewers will pull out of a tour rather than post a negative review, but we do not control this. Our reviewers come from the USA, Europe and other English-speaking areas.
We ask all reviewers to post as widely as possible, and as a minimum, to post their reviews on Goodreads. We encourage all reviewers to post on Amazon if they are able to do so. (Some are able to post on more than one Amazon platform, others only on their own regional Amazon site and a minority do not post on Amazon).
What we require from you
Before we decide whether we can run a tour for you, we will need to see your book. When we offer to do a tour, we will need from you:
- An e-copy of your book – we can work with most formats and convert to other formats as required.
- A headshot if you wish this to be included in your tour materials
- Details of any social media links that we may use during the tour, eg in twitter and instagram posts
- Any biographical or blurb material not already available on Amazon
- Payment as per our invoice.
What we will do
- We will create a promotional tour banner and tour page
- We will promote your book to our 300+ reviewers and seek their participation in your blog tour, aiming to secure the agreed number of posts during the week of the Tour.
- We will promote your blog tour on social media to start a buzz and to attract additional participants
- We will distribute review copies and create a media kit for participants
- We will publicise the tour through social media and circulate all positive reviews via Twitter
- We will supply a list of all posts after the event.
What we cannot do
- We cannot take on every book that we are offered for a Tour. We only do one tour a week, and we only take on books where we are confident that the book is a good fit for our reviewers. (If we are not able to offer you a tour, we will be happy to help you to secure quality reviewers through our general PR services.)
- Although we aim for full Tours , we cannot guarantee that every place on every Tour will be filled. If we have difficulty attracting the agreed number of reviewers, we will discuss the way forward with you – see below.
- It is rare for reviewers to drop out of tours, but we cannot guarantee that every reviewer who signs up will complete a review. They are independent contributors to the tours. Sometimes a blogger may have reservations after reading your book, and prefer not to post rather than to post something unfavorable. Occasionally, bloggers also pull out of tours for other reasons. We try to overbook to allow for the possibility that some reviwers will not post, but we cannot guarantee posts. See the side panel for details of the number of posts delivered.
- We cannot guarantee that every reviewer will like your book.
- We cannot guarantee that every reviewer will post their review on Amazon.
Cancellation and refunds
If we cannot fill at least 75% of the slots on your Tour within one month of your Tour, we will discuss the way forward with you, offering the options of cancelling the tour (see below), downgrading to a four-day tour if you have booked a seven day tour, or continuing to seek to fill the slots and to run the Tour with whatever number we are able to achieve, in which case no refund will be given. If you downgrade from a seven to a four day tour, we will refund $30.
If a Tour is cancelled for any reason, we will inform any reviewers who have signed up, and if you wish, we will give them your contact details and ask them to contact you directly. Refunds will be given for cancelled tours as follows:
- Fewer than 3 reviewers signed up – 90% refund of fee received
- Fewer than 50% of agreed reviewers signed up – 75% refund of fee received
- Fewer than 75% of agreed reviewers signed up – 50% refund of fee received
- 75% or more of the agreed reviewers signed up – no refund of fee received
The above sliding scale is based on the number of reviewers who have signed up to complete a review of your book, or, with your agreement, to post an interview or excerpt from your book. Bloggers who have agreed only to post a ‘Spotlight’ or publicity materials without a review, are discounted. The number of reviewers who have signed up is recorded on the relevant Tour page on this website and updated daily.
Blackthorn Book Tours reserves the right to cancel any tour. If this is necessary for any reason not set out above, we will give an explanation to the author and will refund in full.
How we use your information:
We use your email details to contact you about your Tour, and we may from time to time contact you with information about our services. We do not share your email address with any third party.
We use your social media tags, public website details on our posts when publicising your book, and we share these with the relevant reviewers to include in their posts.
If you wish us to delete your information at any point, or if you have any special information requirements, please let us know. If you book a Tour, we need to retain details of this transaction for seven years as part of our financial records. If you contact us but do not book a Tour we will delete your details from our records after a year.